Visit the Beach & Beyond
Tourism is the largest economic sector in Worcester County. In 2011, total direct consumer tax impact for Worcester County was $36,122,244, or 60% of the impact for the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Although the nation’s economy has seen a downturn in recent years, Maryland’s tourism industry continues to grow.
Over 8 million visitors flock to the area each year to enjoy a variety of activities in Ocean City and beyond. Ocean City attracts a number of special events throughout the year, including the White Marlin Open and the Dew Tour. For the nature enthusiast, there is the natural beauty of the Assateague State Park and Assateague Island National Seashore.
- Assateague Island National Seashore
- Assateague State Park
- Pocomoke River State Park
- Worcester County Dept. of Recreation and Parks
- Wallops Island
- Calvin B. Taylor House Museum – Berlin
- Delmarva Discovery Center – Pocomoke City
- Julia A. Purnell Museum – Snow Hill
- Nassawango Iron Furnace & Furnace Town – Snow Hill
- Ocean City Life-Saving Station Museum – Ocean City
- Find out about these and other area attractions at visitworcester.org